Meal Notes - 20140626
Thursday, 26 June 2014
- Chicken with Maple Bourbon Glaze
- Asparagus in Brandy Sauce
- Bulldog Root Beer from World Market
- I think I'm going to use this method for cooking chicken from now on. The batter was a little mushy after the chicken sat in the pan for the last 10 minutes, but the chicken was perfect!
- The glaze was meant to be basted on still cooking chicken. I used it as a sauce. Had a great flavor. Would be better if there was a heat component (the small amount of cayenne pepper wasn't enough).
- The asparagus was perfect, although I definitely didn't make enough. I should have thrown some mushrooms in at the end.
- The Bulldog root beer was made with honey. I think I may like it better than Thomas Kempers (also made with honey).
- Bourbon was Maker's Mark.
- Brandy was Remy Martin VSOP Cognac.
Source recipes for tonight's dinner