Blackjack II ICS
Blackjack II Internet Connection Sharing
The Blackjack II does not bundle Internet Connection Sharing which is apart of the standard Windows Mobile 6 application set. For those of us on the go and traveling this is a must have program to connect our laptops to the Internet while sitting in the airport or other locations outside of the office. Why it was left off I am not sure. I was concerned at first about not having this because this was a deal breaker for me. A few searches later and I had found out there was already a hack to provide the application. To setup Internet Connection Sharing for the Blackjack II follow these steps (reprinted from the Howard forums).
- Download the following two files: BJ.WM6.ICS.Enable.cab, secpolicies.cab
- Transfer both of the files to the "My Documents" folder on the phone. Do not copy to your storage card.
- Install the sepolicies.cab file using File Explorer located in the Applications folder, then reboot.
- Install the BJ.WM6.ICS.Enable.cab file using File Explorer located in the Applications folder, then reboot.
- Using File Explorer located in the Applications folder navigate to the "My Documents" folder and click on the Certs.cab file and reboot.
After following these simple steps "Internet Application Sharing" should now be visible within the Start Menu of the phone. Connect the phone to a laptop or desktop computer using the provided USB cable, launch the application and press connect. Your computer should now be online using the 3G or Edge services from the Blackjack II.